Bust out the eggnog and “Jingle Bells” playlists, the holiday season is upon us. And for many, that means it’s time to make your shopping list. If that sounds a bit daunting, not to worry: You don’t have to look far to find handmade and thoughtfully curated gifts in Oregon.
Out here, we have gifts for every interest – from tasty treats made with locally sourced ingredients to guided tour experiences through the state’s most scenic landscapes (and everything in between). While you can’t be with all your loved ones during the pandemic, you can certainly show your love with a piece of Oregon.
This year hasn’t been easy for local businesses, and they need your support now more than ever. Make an impact with your dollar and give the gift of Oregon. You’ll be glad you did. Here are some ideas, based on the interests of the special person in your life.
Oregonians are unapologetically passionate about food and drink. It’s no wonder, considering the amazing natural ingredients at our disposal. For the foodie in your life, check out these flavor-packed gift ideas made by Oregon’s brilliant culinary artisans.
Oregonians value self-expression, and it shows in our support of the arts. Our local theaters, museums and art exhibits illuminate the state’s diverse cultural heritage and history. For your loved one who loves arts and culture, enrich their life with these vibrant gift ideas.
Within a few hours’ drive, Oregonians have access to forests and mountains, high desert and wine country, wild rivers and public coastline. And around every corner is a welcoming place to stay and make your basecamp. For those dreaming of a vacation, try these relaxing gift ideas.
Shopping During COVID-19
Oregon stores are open and welcome your business. New COVID-19 guidelines by the Oregon Health Authority make shopping in person safe, giving you peace of mind. During the two-week statewide freeze, retail stores are limited to a maximum of 75% capacity. If you’d rather not shop in person, many stores offer online shopping and curbside pickup. Remember to wear a face covering indoors and outdoors when physical distancing isn’t possible (it’s required), and pay attention to signs that may indicate direction of traffic.
Ways to Shop Local Online
- Built Oregon Marketplace is a brand-new online platform featuring hundreds of Oregon-made products.
- My People’s Market is a now-virtual marketplace of Portland’s multicultural vendors.
- Portland Indigenous Marketplace showcases Oregon’s indigenous artists and entrepreneurs.
- The Portland e-Bazaar puts the spotlight on 80+ Portland artists and small businesses.
- Portland Saturday Market, the nation’s largest continuously operating open-air arts and crafts market, is now online.
- Crafty Wonderland is transforming its annual event into two virtual markets and online gift guides.
- Hood River Marketplace lets you to shop products, takeout and gift certificates from Hood River businesses.