Oregon ski areas are heading into this 2023/24 El Niño season following record snowfall and visitation over the past winter. (See what KGW Meteorologist Matt Zaffino has to say about El Niño here.) The big news is the addition of two new high-speed six-pack chairs—the Mt. Hood Express at Mt. Hood Meadows and the Skyliner chairlift at Mt. Bachelor. Oregon’s twelve unique ski resorts continue to gain notice, with U.S. News voting Mt. Hood among the Top 15 Best Ski Trips in the U.S. and readers of Conde Nast Traveller voting Mt. Bachelor among the Top 25 Ski Resorts in the U.S.
Ski Resort Season Pass Sales
Season pass sales are already in full swing at Oregon ski areas, with the best prices offered before the lifts start spinning. Resorts are offering season pass renewals and new purchases directly online. There will also be the opportunity to purchase season passes at pre-season parties and Snowvana, Nov. 3-5, 2023 at the Oregon Convention Center.
- Mt. Bachelor season passes are on sale with a range of offerings for children through adults and seniors. Choose from a Full Season, Midweek, or 4-Day pass; Mt. Bachelor is also part of the Ikon pass network. Mt. Bachelor is the 6th largest ski resort in North America, offering one of the longest ski seasons in the United States, and the only Woodward Mountain Park resort in the Northwest. new for 2023/24, Mt. Bachelor is debuting its first six-person detachable chairlift this season. The brand new Skyliner lift, previously a four-person, transports skiers from the Skyliner base area and services a large central swath of the mountain including the majority of the Woodward Parks.
- Timberline season passes are on sale now. Timberline pass options include a full season pass, a Timberline Weekday Plus Pass, and a Parenthood pass allowing parents to trade off use of the pass. Timberline is also offering the Fusion Pass, which includes lift access to Summit Pass and Mt. Hood Skibowl, plus Powder Alliance benefits including 3 free tickets at 20 partner resorts this winter for a total of 60 possible days. New for 2023/34, Timberline will have a brand new outdoor pool and hot tub, which is expected to be ready for lodge guests this December. The resort also added a new covered conveyor surface lift called Timber Tiger, located west of Bruno’s Run.
- Summit Pass is offering a Summit Season Pass for beginner skiers and snowboarders. The Summit Pass upgrades to a Timberline Spring Pass in March.
- Anthony Lakes Mountain Resort season passes are on sale now with a variety of passes offered for families, adults, military, college students and more. Passes are available for purchase online through the contactless Season Pass System with best pricing available through October 31, 2023.
- Mt. Hood Meadows Value passes, Beginner Progression and Nordic passes, as well as 5 & 10-Time Passes are on sale now. Mt. Hood Meadows is kicking off the season with a brand-new Mt. Hood Express detachable, six-person chairlift replacing the previous four-person high-speed lift. The resort also rolled out a brand new website (be sure to update your registration) and announced that the resort will be cashless this season.
- Mt. Hood Skibowl is offering the Fusion Pass good at both Skibowl and Timberline, available at early season pricing through October, 31 2023. Or a standalone Skibowl pass at reduced Tier 1 prices through October 31, 2023. The Fusion Pass also includes Powder Alliance benefits including 3 free tickets at 20 partner resorts this winter for a total of 60 possible days.
- Mt. Ashland season passes are on sale now with a range of prices for adults, seniors, junior, youth, Twilight (new!) and college at discounted rates through October 31, 2023. Passholders also receive discounts at a range of partner ski areas. Mt. Ashland is celebrating its’ 60th season this winter.
- Hoodoo Ski Area is offering a 2023/24 season pass good for skiing, snowboarding, tubing hill or snowbiking all you want (equipment not included). Hoodoo is also part of the Indy Ski Pass with access to 76+ resorts across the U.S.. Hoodoo AnyCards (five lift tickets you can use any day of the season and share with friends and family) are now available for only $329 at the Hoodoo eStore. New for 2023/24: Kids 10 and under ski free at Hoodoo.
- Willamette PassPower Passes, Power Pass Select (unlimited) and Weekday Passes are on sale now. Kids 12 and under ski free at Willamette with a Power Kids Season Pass.
New for 2023/24
Mt. Ashland is celebrating its 60th anniversary this winter with the announcement of the “Elevate Mt. Ashland” initiative with $1 million in upgrades currently underway. The nonprofit ski area has purchased two snowcats. Mt. Ashland is also adding a third night of twilight skiing, adding Saturday night to its existing Thursday and Friday offerings, and now offering a Twilight Skiing pass.
Anthony Lakes Mountain Resort is looking ahead this season to future improvements in line with the resort’s 2023 Master Development Plan, which was recently accepted by the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest (WWNF). The proposed new activities include new mountain bike trails, a new rental shop building, a Nordic warming hut, daycare facilities, and additional infrastructure upgrades to be implemented over the next decade. (All proposed activities will still require the approval of the Forest prior to implementation.)
Hoodoo announced a new Kids Ski Free initiative offering free ski tickets to all kids 10 and under this season available at the ticket counter. The resort also discounted the season pass for ages 75-plus to $49.
Willamette Pass invested over 1 million in upgrades and improvements heading into 23/24 season. The resort will be operating seven days per week (for the first time in 20 years).The Peak 2 chairlift has been converted from diesel to electric, increasing efficiency and performance while reducing the resort’s carbon footprint and noise pollution. The resort is also reopening the Midway chairlift this season, which will reduce lift lines and allow for quicker laps in the park.
Mt. Bachelor is debuting its first six-person detachable chairlift this season. The brand new Skyliner lift, previously a four-person, transports skiers from the Skyliner base area and services a large central swath of the mountain including the majority of the Woodward Parks.
Timberline has a new outdoor pool and hot tub, which is expected to be ready for guests this December. This replaces the original 1950s era pool. The resort also added a new covered conveyor surface lift called Timber Tiger, located west of Bruno’s Run, this will serve as a new learning area for beginner ski lessons.