Great news for skiers and snowboarders across Oregon: NOAA forecasters are estimating a 70-80% chance of La Niña this winter, which could mean cooler, wetter weather in the forecast for the Pacific Northwest winter season (See what Mt. Hood Meadows has to say about it here). This is welcome news as Oregon ski areas have implemented plans and protocols to ensure another safe winter season. There’s plenty to be excited about with Timberline Lodge & Ski Area now offering the longest vertical terrain in the U.S. at 4,540 vertical feet with the addition of Summit Pass (formerly Summit Ski Area). The new Sahale Lodge at Mt. Hood Meadows is increasing its access this winter, and we’re looking forward to increased operations at Oregon ski areas with fewer restrictions this winter.
Ski Resort Season Pass Sales
Season pass sales are already in full swing at Oregon ski areas, with the best prices offered before the lifts start spinning. Resorts are offering season pass renewals and new purchases directly online. There will also be the opportunity to purchase season passes at pre-season parties and Snowvana, November 19–22, 2021 at the Oregon Convention Center.
- Mt. Bachelor season passes are on sale with a range of offerings for children through adults and seniors. For those wondering—no parking reservations are planned for winter 21/22. Choose from a Full Season, Midweek, or 4-Day pass; Mt. Bachelor is also part of the Ikon pass network. New for winter 21/22 is the Mt. Bachelor app and Fast Tracks, both available starting November 1, 2021. The app will allow guests real-time information like Weather and News Alerts, Lift Wait Times resort-wide, Find My Friends, and tools like Track My Turns, Leaderboards, among other information. Fast Tracks is a new, daily upgrade product available in limited quantity for all guests, offering access to dedicated express lanes at all chairlifts, besides Early Riser, Alpenglow, and Rainbow. Also new for 21/22, Early Riser beginner chairlift and the Woodward Start Park in the Sunrise Base Area will be FREE this season. Mt. Bachelor is the 6th largest ski resort in North America, offering one of the longest ski seasons in the United States, and the only Woodward Mountain Park resort in the Northwest. More information is available at the Mt. Bachelor website.
- Timberline Lodge & Ski Area season passes are on sale now. Timberline pass options include a full season pass, a Timberline Weekday Plus Pass, and a Parenthood pass allowing parents to trade off use of the pass. The new Timberline Summit Pass (formerly known as Summit Ski Area) is officially part of the Timberline ski area as of July 2021, increasing Timberline’s vertical terrain to 4,540 feet, the longest in the United States. All Timberline and Fusion season passes will be valid at Summit Pass. The resort is also offering a Summit Season Pass for beginner skiers and snowboarders. The Summit Pass upgrades to a Timberline Spring Pass in March. Timberline is also offering the Fusion Pass, which includes lift access to Mt. Hood Skibowl, plus Powder Alliance benefits including 3 free tickets at 15 partner resorts this winter for a total of 45 possible days.
- Anthony Lakes Mountain Resort season passes are on sale now with a variety of passes offered for families, adults, military, college students and more. Passes are available for purchase online through the contactless Season Pass System with best pricing available through October 31, 2021. Anthony Lakes has added a new covered Sunkid Conveyor to its learning center for the 2021-22 ski season.
- Mt. Hood Meadows 2020/21 Value, All Access, Night and Nordic passes, as well as 5 & 10-Time Passes are on sale now. The All Access pass will be available with dynamic pricing, which means the earlier you purchase it, the better the deal. All Access pass sales are not unlimited and can potentially sell out if the demand exceeds capacity.
- Mt. Hood Skibowl is offering the Fusion Pass good at both Skibowl and Timberline, available at early season pricing through October, 31 2021. Or a standalone Skibowl pass at reduced Tier 1 prices through October 31, 2021. The Fusion Pass also includes Powder Alliance benefits including 3 free tickets at 15 partner resorts this winter for a total of 45 possible days.
- Mt. Ashland season passes are on sale now with a range of prices for adults, seniors, junior, youth, child, adaptive and college. The Fall Sale Pass holders (October 1–31, 2021) also receive discounts at a range of partner ski areas as well.
- Hoodoo Ski Area is offering a 2021/22 season pass good for skiing, snowboarding, tubing hill or snowbiking all you want (equipment not included). Hoodoo is also part of the Indy Ski Pass with access to 76+ resorts across the U.S., this pass is on sale now for $299. Hoodoo AnyCards (five lift tickets you can use any day of the season and share with friends and family) are now available for only $299 at the Hoodoo eStore.
- Willamette Pass Season passes, 5 Day Passes and Nordic Passes will go on sale this Fall. Stay tuned.
New for 2020/21 (In case you missed it…)
Timberline Lodge & Ski Area upgraded the popular Pucci Chairlift from a triple chair to a high-speed detachable quad last season increasing uphill capacity with a new top terminal for speedy unloading. The Pucci Chairlift services beginner and novice terrain with some lower intermediate terrain, reducing ride time from approximately 6.5 minutes to 4.5 minutes. With the addition of this new detachable quad, the entire Timberline Ski Area is now served by four place chairs.
Mt. Hood Meadows unveiled the new 23,500 square-foot Sahale Lodge in December of 2021. The lodge includes 10,000 square-feet for restaurants and seating. The ground floor of the lodge houses equipment rentals and the Meadows Learning Center. The $15-million project also includes two acres of additional parking.
Hoodoo Ski Area added a new 200-foot long carpet lift last season. This new conveyer lift offers novice skiers and snowboarders easy access up the slope to the east of Easy Rider. The resort also added Wednesdays operations increasing night skiing to four weekly sessions, from Wednesday through Saturday night, with day skiing Wednesday through Monday.