Walk on the Huntington Wagon Road (HWR) and you follow the footsteps of the soldiers, adventurers and immigrants who passed this way before you. The trail is an easy two-mile round trip hike that includes trees blazes and a historic campsite. Other unmarked routes along the way offer extra loops to explore.
Know Before You Go:
- Open YEAR ROUND.
- The trail is not ADA accessible.
- Overnight camping is not allowed; no restrooms or water.
- Pets should remain under owner control at all times.
- Protect cultural resources and leave artifacts such as arrowheads and blazed trees in their place. The trail is open to horse, foot and mountain bike travel. Motorized vehicles are not allowed.
- This area is closed to all firearm discharge, including paintball guns.
Point of Interest:
This trail is part of a wagon route built for hauling supplies from The Dalles to build Fort Klamath. Many of the artifacts found here can be viewed at Bend’s Deschutes Historical Museum.