Woodrat Mountain has world-class launch sites for hang and paragliding. The two sites, mid and upper launch, are accessible for passenger vehicles and offer spectacular views and opportunities to launch. The mid-launch site overlooks the Bishop Creek Drainage and does not have a restroom. The upper launch has a permanent concrete restroom, windsock, and sweeping views of much of the Applegate Valley. During the warmer summer months, both launch sites can be quite busy.
Know Before You Go:
- Woodrat Mountain launch sites are open year-round, but during the winter the road to the upper launch can be covered with snow, drivers should use caution.
- Bishop Creek Road provides access to mid-launch.
- Woodrat Mountain Road provides access to the upper launch.
- Pets are allowed and must be leashed (max. 6 feet) in the parking lot. Please dispose all pet waste in trash receptacles.
- Target shooting is strictly prohibited.
Point of Interest:
Use caution when travelling the gravel roads leading to the sites. Roads can be rough and drivers should look for oncoming traffic at corners due to dense vegetation leading to the sites.