- Spa / Hot Tub,
- Pet Friendly,
- Handicap Accessible,
- Air Conditioning,
TripAdvisor Ratings & Reviews
You get what you pay for
We came here for a weekend trip. Don't let the pictures on their website fool you. This place is pretty run down. The rooms still use keys, doors are sketchy and hard to open, once inside we noticed a lightbulb was missing from the sink area, the rooms are NOT well lit at all, a knob missing from the dresser, carpet was coming up. The bed did not have a fitted sheet on it, just 2 flat sheets, a thin middle blanket and a thin top blanket. Fireplace was a gas fireplace with a 15min timer. Hot tubs are very old and worn. The stairs at night are lit by motion light so you can't really see what you're doing until half way up or down. Don't try to get a Sprite out of the soda machine, you'll get diet coke.. breakfast is next door at the gold beach inn and is minimal. spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. Only plus side was the price and views.
Used to be nice
Stayed in the same cabin (Pine #4) that we did two years ago and it’s gone way downhill. Appreciated the wood fireplace and all, but the ant problem is insane. Little black ants were in the dresser eating dried, spilled liquid of some kind. Made the “mistake” of leaving some water crackers on the top over night (wrapped up) and woke up to tons of them everywhere and they’d gotten into everything. Coffee station in on that same surface, just FYI. Shampoo/conditioner/etc was empty. Recliners were crumb filled. Bathroom plumbing needs serious attention before someone falls through the subfloor by the toilet. I think a secondary issue is the installed shower curtain doesn’t properly keep water inside during showers. We really want to love this place but it needs some TLC :(
A little disappointed
We visited the room and were greeted with a rather dingy, dated interior. Yes, the stone fireplace was there. The mattress on the bed was very lumpy and a bit too firm when we sat on it. the bathroom was tiny and dated as well. This cabin needs a little TLC. we opted to go with the Gold Beach Inn next door )same owners and were thrilled with the room. Maybe there are cabins that are updated some?
Dirty and outdated
My family and I booked this property because my parents had stayed multiple times in the cabins and loved it. When my mom called to book she was told that they had a bigger unit that would accommodate our family of 8. We were thrilled. It was one of their condos. Upon arriving with my son, (we checked in first) before the rest of the family. I noticed there was cigarette butts in front of the entrance. Not just one but several. That was my first impression when I walked into this place. Horrible to say the least. Upon walking into the doorway I almost fell because of the three inch or so step down to the floor. This doesn't even appear legal. I even looked it up and it is not. I would be surprised if someone hadn't broken a limb from falling. (I am sure it has happened) We walked inside and instantly I noticed the carpet stains which were everywhere. There was a pool table which was nice but took up a lot of the room. Walked into the kitchen. Noticed it was filthy. Cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, stove was dirty and not properly cleaned. The list goes on. There was only one bathroom in which my mom was told there were two. For 8 people! Come on! The only thing that I thought was clean were the beds. I checked thoroughly. The worst thing that I discovered were mouse droppings in one of the corners of the bedroom. I almost vomited. There was dirt in every corner of the unit. Bugs in the window sill, It was down right disgusting! We ended up staying one night since it was so late by the time my parents arrived. none of us got any sleep. The next morning we went to the front desk to show them all of the photos I had taken and said this was completely un acceptable. The gentleman at the front desk did apologize and offered to have housekeeping come and do a thorough clean. We declined and asked for a refund. They did refund our other 3 nights but not the night that we stayed which is understandable. I will not recommend staying here nor will I ever again. I work for a 5 star resort in Lake Tahoe and I wasn't expecting perfection but cleanliness is key and this was the complete opposite of that. Very disappointing!
What a dump!
Horrible. Don't advise anyone stay there. We were in cabin #18 The Sequoia. Dirty, very musty odor, tattered bath towels, drapes falling off the walls, carpet dirty, linens worn thin, bed and pillows dirty. The whole cabin very creepy. Foam mattress uncomfortable. Bath products not good...shampoo etc.The breakfast room was also horrible...food was just ok, but the carpets stained and dirty and the fabric-covered chairs horribly stained and dirty. Irelands in desperate need of updating and remodeling. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN or recommend that anyone else stay there. It's a shame because the location is fantastic and the grounds very nice, but also in need of maintenance. The buildings have maintenance issues; run down, worn out. Some safety issues. .