Situated southeast of Haystack Reservoir, this campground offers views of Gray Butte and easy access to Skull Hollow Trailhead, the Gray Butte Trailhead, the Cole Loop Trail (#854), and Smith Rock State Park.
View a map of Skull Hollow Campground.
View a vicinity map here.
*** There is a Closure Order prohibiting dispersed camping outside of the Skull Hollow campground. View a map of the closure area here. This closure is designed to help protect natural resources around the trailhead from overuse and to prevent conflict between campers and day users. Please observe the closure order and use the campground for camping in the vicinity of Skull Hollow trailhead.
- NO DRINKING WATER
- 28 standard campsites
- No hook-ups or dumping facilities
- 1 wooden picnic table and 1 combination fire ring/grill per campsite
- 2 vault outhouses for the campground
- 1 informational signboard
- On-site campground host
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Rock climbing (Smith Rock State Park)