This cozy and compact campground offers year-round camping and Crooked Wild and Scenic River access along the Lower Crooked Back Country Byway. Campground facilities include 5 campsites, day-use parking with access to the Crooked Wild and Scenic River.
Know Before You Go:
- Open year-round on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations are accepted.
- Potable water is available during the warmer spring and summer months at the nearby Big Bend Campground, 0.9 miles south on State HIghway 27.
- Cell phone service is not available in the campground.
- Watch for bicyclists: the section of State Highway 27 between Prineville and Bowman Dam is designated as the Crooked River Canyon Scenic Bikeway.
Point of Interest:
- Hike the short riverside trail to the single, old growth Ponderosa pine tree, a relative rarity in the Crooked River canyon.