Featuring panoramic views of the lava flows, cinder cones, and the desert landscape of the Fort Rock and Christmas Valley area of central Oregon, the Green Mountain Campground offers a remote camping experience perfect for photography, solitude and stargazing. Whether using it as a basecamp for exploring nearby attractions like Crack-in-the-Ground and the Four Craters Lava Field, or simply seeking an out-of-the-way site with stunning sunrises and sunsets, visitors willing to brave its rough access road will not be disappointed.
Know Before You Go:
- Open Season Green Mountain Campground is open YEAR ROUND.
- Four-wheel Drive Vehicles Recommended. Access is via rugged dirt roads that may be impassable at times.
- 6 primitive campsites with picnic tables and fire grates; first come, first serve.
- Vault Restroom.
- No Drinking Water available.
- Pack Out Your Trash.
- The Nearest Services are in the nearby towns of Christmas Valley Oregon.
- BLM’s Crack-in-the-Ground Trailhead located nearby.
Point of Interest:
There is an active fire lookout atop nearby Green Mountain that is staffed from June through October.