Bible Creek Access Road Closed
In the interest of public safety, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) will temporarily close a section of Bible Creek Access Road starting May 31. Bible Creek Access Road will be closed between Nestucca River Access Road and the Forest Service 1400 Road.
The Nestucca River Recreation Area takes travelers along a slow, leisurely route that winds through Oregon’s Coast Range on the Nestucca River National Back Country Byway. The Byway runs adjacent to the Nestucca River. Whether you are exploring by car, motorcycle or bicycle, you’ll find a riverside picnic table or camping spot at any of four BLM campgrounds located along the route. There are 37 campsites in the Alder Glen, Dovre, Fan Creek and Elk Bend Recreation Sites that offer steel fire rings, picnic tables, potable water and restrooms.
Know Before You Go:
- Camping is limited to Alder Glen, Dovre, Fan Creek, and Elk Bend Campgrounds. Campsites are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Fires are limited to the steel fire rings or BBQ grills provided.
- Firewood collection is NOT allowed at the developed campgrounds.
- Trash: Pack-it in, pack-it out.
- Caution: Log trucks may be encountered throughout the year. The Byway is open year-round but may become hazardous due to snow and ice.
Point of Interest: The Nestucca OHV Area is located in the Nestucca Backcountry Byway, and includes Whipup Flat, Elk Flat, and Grassy Flat. Oregon ATV permits required .