In 1992 this high desert horse camp was constructed with the help of volunteers amidst the remnants of an old homestead and orchard just a short distance from Haystack Reservoir.
The facility is available for horse camping, standard camping, and RV camping opportunities.
View a vicinity map here.
Learn about Leave No Trace principles for horse camping
- Stock water is dependent on cattle permittee operations/infrastructure and has been removed for the season. Please plan ahead and bring your own water.
- 5 standard campsites
- 8 corrals
- 2 hitching racks
- 1 water trough
- 1 manure pit
- 1 wooden picnic table and 1 combination fire ring/grill per campsite
- 1 vault outhouse for the campground
- 1 informational signboard.
- Please call the Crooked River National Grasslands Office (541) 416-6640 or Ochoco National Forest Office (541) 416-6500 for more information.
Nearby recreation opportunities include:
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Hiking Trails
- Mountain Biking Trails