The site is CLOSED until further notice due to wildfires in the area.
Aquila Vista Recreation Site is available for overnight group camping for up to 30 people by obtaining a special recreation permit. The site is located in the heart of the forest next to a large beaver pond. There is plenty of hiking and natural beauty to see at Aquila Vista including a small waterfall. Amenities include vault toilet, two group picnic shelters with multiple picnic tables and a metal fire ring. There is no running water at Aquila Vista; ensure that you bring plenty of drinking, cooking and sanitation water. There is no firewood at the site or firewood collection allowed, please bring your own firewood if you wish to have a fire. The campsite can have mosquitoes in the summer; bring bug repellent. Make reservations no sooner than 14 days in advance of your stay to enable permit processing. Interested groups should contact the BLM Northwest Oregon District Office by sending an email to [email protected]
Know Before You Go:
- Camping within a quarter mile of the Molalla River is limited to the Three Bears and Cedar Grove Campgrounds.
- Fires are limited to the steel fire rings or BBQ grills provided.
- No firewood collection is allowed; bring your own local firewood.
- Pack-it in, pack-it out.
- There is no cell phone service within the Molalla River drainage.
- Caution: Watch out for log trucks that frequently use the road.
Point of Interest: Molalla Recreation Area is the gateway to Table Rock Wilderness.
Explore Oregon Recreation: Molalla River Corridor