Call ahead This experience may be open for on-site visitation; however, offerings and/or operating procedures may have changed due to COVID-19. Please verify details before you go and visit the COVID-19 Resources page for more information.
Come explore the beautiful Sweet Home Ranger District of the Willamette National Forest! Led by professionals, the Sweet Home Nature and Heritage Tours offer incredible opportunities to learn about the plants, animals, geology and cultural history of the Sweet Home area, located on the edges of the Willamette Valley and within the spectacular Cascade Mountains. Sweet Home Nature and Heritage Tours will take you to the out-of-the-way spots with a friendly group to explore, learn and have a wonderful time while coming to appreciate why the Sweet Home area is such a special place.
Whether youre a budding naturalist or a long-time explorer of Pacific Northwest, Sweet Home Nature and Heritage Tours will be an experience you will long remember.
Most day tour fees are $10.00 per person and $5.00 with a Senior or Access Pass; request for refunds must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the tour. Pre-registration is required for all tours and they fill up quickly.
All hikes/tours meet at the Sweet Home Ranger District Office and travel to the forest where the hike/tour begins. A restroom is available at the office, as well as maps and other small souvenirs. Sweet Home is a full service community with restaurants, cafes and gas stations.
Quick List of Hikes and Days Offered. Click on Tour List for more information.
- May 20, 2016 – Cascadia Cave
- May 21, 2016 – General Outdoor Preparedness
- June 15, 2016 – Wildflowers and Waterfalls
- June 24, 2016 – Santiam Wagon Road – Fish Lake to Lost Prairie
- July 01, 2016 – Iron Mountain / Cone Peak
- July 08, 2016 – Crescent Mountain
- August 5, 2016 – Gordon Meadows
- August 12, 2016 – Tidbits Mountain
- August 19, 2016 – Streamside Rock Hounding
- August 26, 2016 – Berry Picking Bonanza
- September 09, 2016 – Cascadia Cave
- September 16, 2016 – Art in the Great Outdoors
- October 08, 2016 – General Outdoor Preparedness
- October 21, 2016 – Fall Edible Mushrooms
- October 28, 2016 – Edible Mushroom Hike
- December 10, 2016 – Swag and Wreath Making