Sometimes a shared meal can become a magical only-in-Oregon moment.
That’s the feeling guests may have this summer at Field & Vine’s dinners, which happen now through December at vineyards and farms in the Greater Portland and Willamette Valley regions.
For those hoping to get closer to the source of their food, these six- to seven-course farm-to-table dinners will connect guests with local growers and producers. Diners take a tour of the grounds and gather around communal tables to hear stories from the host about what’s on their plate and in their glass. Each meal highlights seasonal ingredients — from the host as well as nearby farms and ranches. And in celebration of the land, dishes pair with local wine, beer and spirits.
“Our primary goal with ‘Dinners in the Field’ is to connect our guests with the farmers and winemakers in their own fields or vineyards, because it’s easy to forget that real people produce our food. We pride ourselves in offering this unique opportunity to enable guest-to-farmer introductions so that our farmers and growers can share their passion and culinary perspective directly with those dining on their food,” said Chureau, Chef/Owner of Field & Vine Events and Allium Bistro. “With each dinner, we offer visitors, tourists, folks moving here and locals who didn’t know we had such beauty in our own backyard, the chance to experience Oregon’s bounty, learn where their food comes from and connect directly with the farmers and winemakers.”
Chureau launched the series seven years ago and adds more dinners each year. This year it’s up to 33 events spanning all four seasons. That’s been important, he says, to connect locals and visitors with all of Oregon’s year-round bounty, not just its summertime peak.
This season’s events immerse diners in quite different experiences. Some wineries turn their vineyards into dining rooms with warmly lit tents. Other events see barns and barrel rooms become venues.
The Field & Vine all-inclusive dinners are $95 to $140 per person and happen rain or shine. Shelters at each event keep guests out of the elements. For tickets and details, visit Field & Vine. Here is the 2019 schedule:
- May 4, Barn Kestrel with Owen Roe and Westward Whiskey (20050 SW Johnson Rd, West Linn)
- May 18, Lemelson Vineyards (12020 NE Stag Hollow Rd, Carlton)
- June 1, Elk Cove Vineyards (27751 NW Olson Rd, Gaston)
- June 8, St. Josef’s Winery with Vibrant Greens ( 28836 S Barlow Rd, Canby)
- June 15, King’s Raven Winery with TMK Creamery (11603 S New Era Rd, Oregon City)
- June 21, Hunter Creek Horse Show with Portland Cider Company and Twill Cellars (14441 SW Wilsonville Rd, Wilsonville)
- June 22, Tualatin Estates Vineyard with Pitch Dark Chocolate (10850 NW Seavey Rd, Forest Grove)
- June 29, Beacon Hill Winery with Marion Acres Farm (22040 NE Ridge Rd, Gaston)
- July 6, Stoller Family Estate with Portland Creamery (16161 NE McDougall Rd, Dayton)
- July 13, Alexeli Vineyards and Winery with Portland Creamery (35803 S. Highway 213, Molalla)
- July 14, Ponzi Vineyards (19500 SW Mountain Home Rd, Sherwood)
- July 20, Lange Estate Winery with Santos Family Farm (18380 NE Buena Vista Dr, Dundee)
- July 27, Christopher Bridge Wines (12700 S. Casto Rd, Oregon City)
- July 27, Pete’s Mountain Vineyard with Tranquil Farms (28101 SW Pete’s Mountain Rd, West Linn)
- August 3, Alloro Vineyard with Vibrant Greens (22075 SW Lebeau Rd, Sherwood)
- August 10, Beckham Estate Vineyard (30790 SW Heater Rd, Sherwood)
- August 18, Christopher Bridge Wines with Briar Rose Creamery (12770 S Casto Rd, Oregon City)
- August 10, Solena Estate with Marion Acres Farm (17096 NE Woodland Loop Rd, Yamhill)
- August 17, Elk Cove Vineyards with TMK Creamery (27751 NW Olson Rd, Gaston)
- August 23, Penner-Ash Wine Cellars (71 NE Ribbon Ridge Rd, Newberg)
- August 24, Fiala Farms with Erath Winery (21231 Johnson Rd, West Linn)
- August 31, Terra Vine Wines with Tranquil Farms, Pitch Dark Chocolate and Goldin Artisan Cheese (33750 SW Ladd Hill Rd, Wilsonville)
- September 7, Douglas Farm with Owen Roe, Portland Cider Co. and Trail Distilling (15330 NW Sauvie Island Dr., Sauvie Island)
- September 14, Lee Farms with Argyle Winery and Coin Toss Brewing Co. (21975 SW 65th Ave, Tualatin)
- September 21, Alpacas of Marquam Hill with Campbell Lane Winery (35835 OR-213, Molalla)
- September 28, Rare Plant Research and Villa Catalana Wines with Portland Creamery (11900 S. Criteser Rd, Oregon City)
- October 5, Cornell Farms with Stoller Family Estate and Westward Whiskey (8212 SW Barnes Rd, Portland)
- October 12, Rosse Posse Elk Farm with Anne Amie Vineyards and Trail Distilling (32690 S. Mathias Rd, Molalla)
- October 19, Tumwater Vineyards with TMK Creamery (375 SW Barrel House Way, West Linn)
- October 26, Campbell Lane Winery with Tranquil Farms and Pitch Dark Chocolate (27411 SW Campbell Lane, West Linn)
- November 9, Duck Pond Cellars (23145 OR-99W, Dundee)
- November 23, Portland Cider Company with Forest Edge Vineyard (8925 SE Jannsen Rd, Clackamas)