I happen to love local cheese, so I love that you are asking this question!
I am not aware of anyone offering a pre-set cheese tour of the valley. However, I would suggest you contact Black Tie Tours; they are based in the Dundee area and offer mainly wine tours but are very open to customization. The owner, Stefan Czarnecki, is very familiar with the food and drink scene in the Willamette Valley and I think would be able to set up a nice cheese-focused tour for your group!
Embrace Oregon Tours is another Willamette Valley based tour company that I’ve had good experiences with and might be interested in setting up a custom tour for you.
If you end up wanting to do a more self-guided tour, here are some places I’d highly recommend including in your visit:
- Goldin Artisan Goat Cheese, Molalla
- Willamette Valley Cheese Co., just northwest of Salem
- Briar Rose Creamery, Dundee
- The Horse Radish is a cute restaurant in Carlton that makes great sandwiches and a killer cheese plate, if you’re wanting to keep your visit extra cheese-themed!
- Our Table Cooperative is a grocery store located on a farm that carries a good selection of local cheeses
- MiddleGround Farms is a cooking school located on a farm where you can take cheese-making classes
I hope you have a delicious trip!