We have three kids 5 and under. We want to go on a vacation and check out Oregon, but don’t know where to go? We would love some good ideas. We don’t mind camping, and we like doing things outdoors, but the kids might only last hiking for a couple of days and then be wiped out. – Sharp Family
Wow… you won’t believe the list of family friendly recommendations in the Willamette Valley. Here are some places to check out:
- For camping I would suggest renting a yurt in one of Oregon’s beautiful parks. It’s camping without all of the work!
- In Turner, the Enchanted Forest is super cheesy but also super fun if you know ahead of time that this ain’t Disney.
- In Independance they have the Wings of Wonder butterfly exhibit.
- Evergreen Aviation Museum is fun and the Wings and Waves Waterpark is like nothing else!
- In Salem there is the A.C. Gilbert’s Discovery House -Children’s Museum.
- Silver Falls is pretty to hike.
- Splash! Lively Swim Park in Springfield has a wave pool, water slide and lots of other cool things. There is also a roller rink in Springfield and Cascades Raptor Center is in Eugene.
- Fir Point Farms has Goats that climb into trees to eat! Where else are you going to see that!
Have something to add What’s Your Answer?
Share your thoughts Answers From Other People
Your comment will be the first one for this story. Some might think of this as a lot of pressure, but as a trail blazer you recognize that someone has to be first. Your fellow travelers appreciate your opinion, so thanks in advance!
Other questions about Willamette Valley
- Any travel (food, lodging, wine tours) suggestions for the Thanksgiving weekend in Williamette Valley?
- We want to go wine tasting in the North Willamette Valley. Where should we stay and where should we eat?
- Weâ€™ll be staying in Corvallis for about a week and are most interested in seeing Oregonâ€™s natural wonders. How much could we jam into our itinerary?
About Ask Oregon Expert Debbie Lusk
Debbie Lusk loves Oregon and everything there is to experience here. She may be found on the back of a black mare riding through wine country with saddle bags full of Oregon wine, or enjoying a cold beer at a local Willamette Valley microbrewery. She's smitten with Oregon and plans to enjoy it all one bite at a time! All her experiences can be found on her blog, Sweet Bliss.