Call ahead This experience may be open for on-site visitation; however, offerings and/or operating procedures may have changed due to COVID-19. Please verify details before you go and visit the COVID-19 Resources page for more information.
A popular campground and day-use area, Cape Lookout is located on a sand spit between Netarts Bay and the ocean, giving you a terrific view of the ocean with convenient access to the beach. You’ll find more than eight miles of hiking and walking trails that wind through a lush old-growth forest at Cape Lookout State Park.
Note: The beach at Cape Lookout is protected by a 50′ wide cobble-sized stone revetment. The revetment helps prevent erosion and stabilizes the man-made dune that protects the campground. Visitors who wish to access the beach must walk through the revetment. Please be careful walking on unstable cobblestones.
- 38 full-hookup sites
- 170 tent sites with water nearby
- One electrical site with water
- 13 yurts (Six; see Pets in Parks FAQ for more info)
- Six deluxe cabins (Three; see Pets in Parks FAQ for more info)
- Two group tent camping areas
- Hiker/biker camp
- Interpretive center
- Hot showers and flush toilets available for registered campers
- Firewood for sale seasonally; typically April – October
- RV dump station (closed in winter)