Bandon is proud to be presenting DAY 2 to DAY 4 of the first annual Live Culture Coast, a sensory celebration of fermentation, creativity and exploration that takes along the southernmost 135 miles of the Oregon Coast, from Reedsport to Brookings.
Saturday, October 19:
- Introduction to Natural Building at the Cob Cottage Company.
- Glass Mosaics at Sage Place & Bandon Discovery Center.
Sunday, October 20:
- Art with Nature’s Materials & Landmark Printmaking at Art by the Sea Gallery and Studio.
- Fused Glass Workshop at Sage Place & Bandon Discovery Center.
- Designing with Succulents at Bandon–It’s a Shore Thing and Succulents.
Monday, October 21:
- Cidery Tour & Tasting at Bandon Rain.
- Fun with Fiber & Felting at the Wool Company.
- Fermented Pastes and Bases at Mother’s Natural Grocery.
- Glass-Fusing Demo at Sage Place.
Live Culture Coast (October 18–27, 2019) isn’t a single event, but a menu 75-plus hands-on experiences focused on art, food, nature and adventure. Hosted by the makers, creators, and entrepreneurs of the Southern Oregon Coast, the experiences take place at shores, trails, farms, towns, restaurants, galleries, and businesses. Come for a long weekend or a week. Sign up for one experience or five. Learn more at Live Culture Coast website.
The celebration follows a choose-your-own-itinerary format: Forage for wild mushrooms with a farmer. Read roadside poetry or make a serigraph print. Learn about fermentation, cask ales, brewing or aromatic bitters. Ride a fat-tire bike on the beach. Hike with your five senses. Indulge in a lake-to-table meal.
Live Culture Coast also gives travelers easy ways to explore the best of the Southern Oregon Coast, including the Wild Rivers Coast Food Trail, and outdoor gems like the Oregon Coast Trail, the Whiskey Run Mountain Bike Trails, the Coquille River Water Trail, and the Wild Rivers Coast Scenic Bikeways.