Follow the Chehalem Heritage Trails signs posted throughout the center of town for a walking or driving tour of attractions in and around downtown, from Chehalem Cultural Center to the Yamhill County park named Rogers Landing, a popular recreational boating location. Bicycle or walk paved roads and sidewalks through downtown and residential Newberg, with stops at Chehalem Cultural Center, Newberg Public Library, Newberg City Hall, George Fox University, Historic Hoover-Minthorn House, plus Herbert Hoover, Memorial, Rotary Centennial, and Ewing Young Parks. Trails begin at Herbert
Hoover Park, but jump in anywhere along the routes and follow the signs.
- George Fox Trail (.23 miles) – George Fox University main entrance, Rotary Centennial Park/Cultural Center.
- Carnegie Trail (.46 miles) – Connection to Haworth/Springbrook to points north and east, connection to Hess Creek Corridor, Chehalem Cultural Center (Farmer’s Market), Library, and George Fox University.
- Herbert Hoover Trail (.32 miles)– Hoover-Minthorn House Museum, Hoover Park, link to downtown shopping on 1st/2nd streets.
- Edwards Trail (.77 miles) – Edwards Elementary School.
- Tchatompo Trail (.69 miles) – North/south corridor that connects downtown to GFU and north trails, and connects to south trails.
- Wynooski Trail (1.25 miles) – North/south corridor connects to points south including Rogers Landing.