We are counting on you to travel responsibly. If you don’t feel well or you were exposed to others with known or suspected COVID-19, or you hail from areas were COVID-19 is widespread, please, stay home to save lives. Oregon isn’t going anywhere; we’ll be here when you are ready.
Here’s what you’ve most been wanting to know:
- There are no enforced travel restrictions; our borders and airports are open.
- There are no mandatory quarantine periods for visitors entering Oregon.
- There are no requirements to take a COVID-19 test or show COVID-19 test results to enter Oregon.
- There is no requirement to quarantine (self-isolate) upon arrival.
- Bathrooms at state rest areas are open.
- Counties that have successfully implemented protocols and met criteria to better contain COVID-19 are in Phase Two status. Areas that are still implementing protocols and mobilizing to meet criteria are in Phase One status. Review Oregon’s Reopening Guidelines to stay current on the status of the destination you’re headed to.
- Follow the current CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Take precautionary measures, including:
- Maintain physical distance in public. If possible, avoid crowded or small places altogether.
- Wear a face covering when visiting indoor spaces open to the public, anywhere in Oregon. As of July 1, 2020, face coverings are required to be worn in public, per the direction of Oregon Governor Kate Brown. Please refer to face covering requirement.
- Be vigilant about frequent, effective handwashing with soap and water. Carry hand sanitizer when soap and water aren’t available.
- Please be patient. Most areas in the state are cautiously starting to reopen so it’s critical to make plans, in advance. Many attractions and businesses that are reopening are doing so under new restrictions, and with limited staff capacity. Reservations may be required. Lodging properties, including campgrounds, may also choose to space out reservations.
We’ve compiled other useful COVID-19 FAQ here. If you have travel-related questions that were not covered in this information, please submit the form on the right-hand side of this page and we’ll do our best to get back to you as quickly as possible. If you need immediate assistance, contact us at 1-800-547-7842.