Oregon Beer Blogs
Living in Oregon we have a vast variety of great breweries, brewpubs, beer bars, bottles shops and beer events. With so much going on in our hop obsessed state, how does one keep up? The answer, local beer blogs. Most beer bloggers are very dedicated to sharing their passion about beer. I commend beer bloggers like Angelo from BrewPublic who diligently cover Oregon beer on an almost daily basis. So the purpose of this post is to highlight my top 5 favorite Oregon Beer Blogs. These are blogs that I personally follow to keep up on what is going on in the Oregon Craft Beer industry.
1. Brewpublic – Angelo and I met during our time writing for the Portland Tribune’s Guest on Tap column. Once the column went under Angelo talked to me about doing his own beer blog. And luckily, for us craft beer fans he did. Brewpublic has been diligently spreading the word about Oregon craft beer and beyond for over a year now. Angelo De Ieso II, Margaret Lut and friends cover brewing news, events and culture in the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
2. The Beer Here – John Foyston has been writing for the Oregonian about music and beer since 1987. His column in the Oregonian’s A&E section and online blog are must reads for any Oregon beer fan. Before beer blogging became popular John’s Beer Here column was the staple of the Oregonian beer community, but now also lives online.
3. Beervana – Jeff Alworth from Beervana has been in the beer writing business for over 15 years. “Alworth’s near-poetic descriptions of beers and craft breweries
make us proud to live in the West.” – Sunet Magazine. Jeff covers a variety of topics and I enjoy his new series called “Brand Dissection.” When he is not blogging about beer Jeff tries to make sure patrons actually get a true pint of beer at restaurants and bars with his Honest Pint Project.
4. The New School blog – Ezra Johnson-Greenoug brings his vast beer knowledge, opinions and tell it how it is approach to this new blog, which covers brew reviews, events, featured articles and a whole lot more. His blog has steadily evolved over the last few months adding new writers with weekly series on topics covering the craft beer industry and the relationship between cheese and beer.
5. It’s Pub Night – Like other beer blogs Bill Night covers local beer events, reviews beers and talks about his passion for beer. What differentiates him from other beer blogs is his coverage of local trends in beer pricing or as he calls it the Portland Beer Price Index.
If you have ideas for Oregon related beer stories please contact me via Twitter @kfinsand or by emailing me at kerry(at)taplister.com. Cheers!
Is any of the information on this page incorrect?