Escape the Winter Doldrums: Spa Day!
There’s nothing better than a deep tissue massage or exfoliating body wrap to rejuvenate the mind and body from dreary winter weather. Recuperate from the chaos of the holiday season by treating yourself to a day at one of Oregon’s finest spas.
- Willamette Valley’s newest luxury resort, The Allison Inn & Spa in Newberg, is situated on 35 acres of picturesque meadows and vineyards. A cascading waterfall at the entrance sets the tone for the 16,000-square-foot spa. The lush agricultural surroundings of the resort play a significant part in the custom spa treatments; their signature pinotherapy facial uses wine grapes to replenish the skin. During the summer and spring months, take a yoga class in the gardens before a hydrotherapy massage or a swim in the infinity pool. Stay overnight in one of the resort’s 85 deluxe rooms and dine at JORY, which features Oregon cuisine and wines from the property’s five-acre vineyard.
- Aequis Spa’s new location in the Historic Telegram Building in Portland’s trendy Pearl District, adorned with candelabras and rich Chinese carpets in warm shades of orange, red and brown, is a refuge from the daily hustle and bustle outside. Rejuvenate with a warm pumpkin enzyme facial, or relax with a medley massage that mixes Swedish, deep tissue and hot stone. Each treatment begins with a foot soak and scrub and ends with a warm-oil, Sambara scalp massage. Aequis specializes in Ayurveda and couples’ massage.
- Unwind at the Oregon Coast’s Stephanie Inn with a Hot Lava Shell massage while listening to the melodic crash of the ocean’s waves outside. The newly renovated Cannon Beach resort adds in-room massages, reflexology and hand and feet therapy to their long list of spa treatments.
- Located in Central Oregon at the Five Pine Lodge, the Shibui Spa offers an Eastern take on relaxation. The Thai Bandle Massage uses herbs to sooth and tone the skin, while the Lotus Dream incorporates Ayurvedic methods with a hot-oil massage. If you chose to stay overnight, Five Pine Lodge offers luxurious accommodations within rugged, high dessert terrain.
- Partake in ultimate in relaxation in the Mt. Hood/ Gorge region with the Resort at the Mountain‘s Unlimited Spaaah package. The package offersÂ unlimitedÂ spa treatments from check-in to check-out as well as a spacious fireside room. In between spa treatments, you can enjoy the breathtaking mountainside forest or dine on impeccable cuisine at Altitude.
Is any of the information on this page incorrect?