What are the most scenic hikes in Portland?
My favorite and most scenic hikes in Portland:
- Forest Park at any entrance: http://www.forestparkconservancy.org/forest-park/ and http://www.portlandmonthlymag.com/travel-and-outdoors/forest-park-guide/articles/the-best-hikes-in-portland-forest-park-july-2011
- Hoyt Arboretum – check out this series from my blog:
- Oaks Bottom near Sellwood: http://whitebreadandjam.blogspot.com/2013/04/hiking-portland-oaks-bottom-wildlife.html
- Leach Botanical Garden
There are tons more but this is a good list to begin with. Just outside of the Portland area near Multnomah Falls is whole other list so let me know if you’d like to know which hikes I’ve done there and in the Mt. Hood area as well.
One of my most interesting hikes or what I call city treks to date is leaving from the Pearl District on foot and trekking up to the Portland Rose Garden area and then over to the Pittock Mansion. Awesome views all around.
Hope this info helps and please let me know if I can help further. I always remind folks to wear really comfy shoes/hiking boots, take jackets etc. and lots of water to drink and some snacks. Happy hiking!
Have something to add What’s Your Answer?
Share your thoughts Answers From Other People
Your comment will be the first one for this story. Some might think of this as a lot of pressure, but as a trail blazer you recognize that someone has to be first. Your fellow travelers appreciate your opinion, so thanks in advance!
Other questions about Portland
- Planning a trip to Portland, Oregon this summer. Any suggestion on things to do, places to stay? I’ve never been and I’m from the East Coast.
- We’re coming to Oregon this summer. We want to rent a place on the beach, walk, eat well, see local sites and shop in art galleries. We also want to spend a couple of days in Portland. There are four of us and none of us have ever spent time in Oregon before. Do you have any suggestions for how to set up a couple days in the city and four days on the coast? – Elaine R.
- I am honeymooning in Portland the first week of May. We are staying in Happy Valley, and trying to take in Portland as the locals do. We plan to take in the great outdoors, shop, and eat. How do we make the most of our week there? L.P.
About Ask Oregon Expert Debbie Lusk
Debbie Lusk loves Oregon and everything there is to experience here. She may be found on the back of a black mare riding through wine country with saddle bags full of Oregon wine, or enjoying a cold beer at a local Willamette Valley microbrewery. She's smitten with Oregon and plans to enjoy it all one bite at a time! All her experiences can be found on her blog, Sweet Bliss.