What are the most scenic hikes in Portland?
My favorite and most scenic hikes in Portland:
- Forest Park at any entrance: http://www.forestparkconservancy.org/forest-park/ and http://www.portlandmonthlymag.com/travel-and-outdoors/forest-park-guide/articles/the-best-hikes-in-portland-forest-park-july-2011
- Hoyt Arboretum – check out this series from my blog:
- Oaks Bottom near Sellwood: http://whitebreadandjam.blogspot.com/2013/04/hiking-portland-oaks-bottom-wildlife.html
- Leach Botanical Garden
There are tons more but this is a good list to begin with. Just outside of the Portland area near Multnomah Falls is whole other list so let me know if you’d like to know which hikes I’ve done there and in the Mt. Hood area as well.
One of my most interesting hikes or what I call city treks to date is leaving from the Pearl District on foot and trekking up to the Portland Rose Garden area and then over to the Pittock Mansion. Awesome views all around.
Hope this info helps and please let me know if I can help further. I always remind folks to wear really comfy shoes/hiking boots, take jackets etc. and lots of water to drink and some snacks. Happy hiking!
Have something to add What’s Your Answer?
Share your thoughts Answers From Other People
Your comment will be the first one for this story. Some might think of this as a lot of pressure, but as a trail blazer you recognize that someone has to be first. Your fellow travelers appreciate your opinion, so thanks in advance!
Other questions about Portland
- I will be in Eugene for a meeting on Jan 14th and 15th and would like to see some of the Oregon Coast; perhaps on the previous weekend or maybe starting on Jan 10th. What area would be relatively easy to drive to from Eugene or Portland? What kind of weather should I expect? Can you suggest some B&Bs? — Lois
- I am looking for a place to go to that is on the beach but not too far from Washington state to take my family to in the summer. Suggestions? – Alicia P.
- We are making a trip from Morro Bay, California to Portland, Oregon. We will be traveling in a motorhome with two 13-year-old boys and three adults, as well as two small dogs. What would you suggest we see and do? We will be leaving Morro Bay on April 6 and need to return to Morro Bay on April 15.
About Ask Oregon Expert Debbie Lusk
Debbie Lusk loves Oregon and everything there is to experience here. She may be found on the back of a black mare riding through wine country with saddle bags full of Oregon wine, or enjoying a cold beer at a local Willamette Valley microbrewery. She's smitten with Oregon and plans to enjoy it all one bite at a time! All her experiences can be found on her blog, Sweet Bliss.